This role is responsible for the development and support of Project and Production database and requires and outstanding level of Database Administration support across all of the Bank’s systems. In addition, this role supports other technical areas such as Networks, AS400 System Administration, Middleware, Application Support, Capacity Management, Architecture, Development and Acceptance Testing
Central London/ Hybrid working pattern
Salary band: £45k to £50k max (dependent on experience)
Email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 19th July 2023
Short-listed applicants only will be contacted
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This role has a direct reporting line to the Senior Cyber Security Manager who in turn reports to the CIO
The role is based in the Bank’s City of London Office and is subject to the Bank’s current hybrid working policy.
This role is subject to a Rota system, always ensuring service availability.
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
• Deputizes for the cyber security officer and the desktop engineer.
• Performs database troubleshooting and performance monitoring and ensures that incidents are resolved effectively and quickly.
• Contributes to cross-team troubleshooting, in particular assists with desktop support and infrastructure management.
• Provides firsthand technical support to projects, working to demanding timescales, project work including installs and upgrades and enhancement of database systems.
• Provides UAT support across the business (technical testing, setting up security protocols to CE standards)
• Thoroughly documents work and mentors’ colleagues as needed.
• Identifies and documents procedures, policies, methods and practices.
• Acts as a quality gate for new systems introduced into live service.
• Perform software installs
• Develops and conducts system test plans
• Evaluates the performance of existing systems, identifies and evaluates the suitability of adjustments that will improve performance
• Provides technical support to the IT team during the resolution of production problems
• Evaluates and tests vendor-supplied packages
• Installs and tests new database management systems.
• Implements security plans to maintain database integrity and protect against cyber-attacks in coordination with the cyber security officer
• Provide data analytics on demand
• Conducts periodic tests to evaluate the performance of a system and make modifications where necessary.
• Executes database backup and recovery processes to allow for data retrieval in case of an emergency.
• Ensures compliance with all database administration legislations and codes.
• Sets up controls to manage access to a database system and also configure new systems to make them ready for work operations
• Support the cyber security officer with the implementation of the RCSA
• Reviews audit logs. Escalating anomalies
• Assist with config management
• Perform database integration to merge existing database into new one
Reporting and Control
• Implements and tests Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) on a monthly basis and reports results
• Produces reports of database management operations to the cyber security officer and suggests recommendation for improved database performance.
Essential Skills and Knowledge/ Qualification and Training
• Expert-level IT skills are a must, including detailed knowledge of various systems and databases
• Ability to work with non-technical individuals to determine and document business needs
• Proficient in data analysis and consolidation methodologies
• Deep understanding of SQL
• Deep understanding of AS400/IBM
• Advances excel skills
• Ability to translate technical information in understandable terms
• Data warehousing knowledge
• Data protection knowledge
• Experience working in cybersecurity
• Analytical skills
• Technical skills
• Communication skills
• Initiative-taker, with attention to detail and a strong team spirit
• Problem-solving skills
• Strong work ethic with excellent attention to detail is essential
• Competent trouble shooter who can document solutions
• Strong management skills
• Experience is setting up and managing business continuity protocols
• Fully conversant with RCSA and managing IT controls
• Cyber Essentials experience
• Desire to work in a charitable environment
• Technical documentation
• Database design experience
• SQL expertise
• AS400 expertise
• Self-starter, with attention to detail and a strong team spirit.
• Ability to be hands on and work in a small team
Good command of English, written and verbal
• Holiday allowance –25 days (for a full year, prorated for the time in company) rising to 28 days after 5 years of service
• Buy and sell annual leave – up to 5 days per year
• Working hours 8.30-4.15
• Rota system
• Defined contribution pension scheme – minimum 3% employee contributions with 6 % from the employer and we will double your contribution up to 12%
• Health cash plan for yourself and dependent children (This benefit is offered once 6 months is completed within the company)
• Critical illness cover –£50,000 (This benefit is offered once 6 months is completed within the company)
• Death in service life cover 3 X basic salary (comes with pension)
• Subscription to employee benefits scheme
• Employee Recognition scheme – quarterly ‘STAR ‘awards for those going above and beyond
• Two day’s paid volunteering
• Travel season ticket loan – interest free loan (This benefit is offered once 6 months is completed within the company)
• Study support – fees paid, and 5 days’ study leave if you’re taking relevant professional qualifications
• Free fruit – doing our best to keep you healthy!
• Free tea and coffee
• Breakout / relaxation area with pool and table tennis