Salary Banding: circa £36k
35 hours per week
8am to 8pm – Monday to Friday
The closing date for the job application is on Friday 22 October 2021.
Join a small IT team in a City of London based Bank where the successful candidate would get the opportunity to work in a support role with a wide range of technologies that support the Bank’s business activities. The ideal candidate would have experience of first-line support in an IT Service desk environment and would be familiar with: Office 365, Microsoft Azure Cloud, Windows environment and VMWare.
- The support the full life cycle of the IT infrastructure (typically hardware, software, data storage, managed services, including those co-located in 3rd party data centres) to ensure the IT systems and services continue to operate efficiently and effectively to enable the business to continue meeting its aims and objectives.
- It is expected that the post holder will fulfill a key role in the technical team of Reliance Bank, working with colleagues by providing technical and operational support and development input into the IT infrastructure of the bank enabling it to effectively use information technology in the furtherance of its mission.
- Undertake Network administration.
- Provide technical support – first level user support; analyse system user requirements and support issues and devise strategies to meet ongoing business needs, including coaching and supporting bank staff in their use of IT.
- To ensure applications are supported in line with strategic goals.
- To ensure information systems are professionally and successfully implemented and integrated into a coherent information infrastructure.
- To ensure systems operate to agreed levels and meet agreed operational business requirements.
- The services include installation of, and support for servers and desktops, system operations, Local Area Networks (LAN), messaging services, business application support and end-user support.
- Contribute to the planning, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance, change management, and effective use of IT infrastructure components, including data storage and backup systems.
- Identify operational problems and contribute to their resolution.
- Assist with monitoring, testing and reviewing capacity, performance, availability, load, and other operational metrics and take appropriate action to ensure corrective and proactive maintenance of all IT infrastructure components.
- Correct malfunctions with the help of others, as appropriate.
- Assist with analysing service and component availability and reliability.
- Assist with implementing business continuity plans. Conduct testing of recovery procedures.
- Apply and maintain specific and agreed security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate data to authorised users only.
- Document details of hardware/software items that have been installed or removed using required standards, methods and tools.
- Document procedures of all aspects of IT operations.
- Conduct pre-defined test cases and test scripts, recording and reporting outcomes against pre-determined criteria.
- Provide technical expertise and other appropriate information to relevant people in a timely manner on matters relating to their work areas, including progress reports.
- Support project management team on implementation of digital banking services on Azure Cloud platform.
- Give instruction to less experienced colleagues in aspects within their role.
- Work within any Service Level Agreements that are applicable.
- Advise the Chief Operating Officer and IT Manager on any matters within the remit.
- Maintain knowledge of all technical specialisms required, including new developments and provide detailed advice regarding their application.
- Undertake any training required to enable the duties and responsibilities to be fulfilled.
- Inform, train, and set a good professional example to others in the bank.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required.
Email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 22 October 2021.
Short-listed applicants only will be contacted
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This list is not exhaustive and you will be required to carry out other duties as necessary in the fulfilment of the role.