Everyday Banking made easy
A simple and practical current account for managing your charity’s day-to-day banking transactions.
Free banking for the first 6 months
For the first six months of banking with us, you’ll enjoy all the services that come with your current account for free. There are just a few conditions:
- you have to keep your account in credit.
- have an average credit balance of £5,000.
- have no more than 25 transactions on average per month.
If you do not meet these conditions listed above, you will be charged. Please see our Fee Information for further information.
There’s no one-size-fits-all here. Your Relationship Manager will work with you to decide on the account fee or tariff that best reflects the way you expect to use your account. We’ll introduce it after the first six months. Please see our Business Banking support pages for the Charity Current Account Important Information Fees.
Visa Debit card
You can withdraw cash at any cashpoint worldwide that displays the Visa symbol. You can also view your current balance (excluding any arranged overdraft facility) and change your PIN.
For any transaction made outside the UK which is not a GBP or Euro transaction, there will be a flat rate charge of £1.25 per transaction. This fee will not apply to any GBP or Euro transactions.
- You can see the current exchange rates on the Visa website, Click here.
- Open Visa’s Currency Conversion Calculator.
- Choose the currency you want to convert to.
- Enter a ‘Transaction Amount’ (write ‘1’ if you just want to find out the rate).
- Leave the ‘0.00%’ as it is, as we don’t take commission on the Visa exchange rate.
- And choose Great British Pound (GBP) as your ‘Card Currency’.
- Tap ‘Calculate’ to see the current exchange rate!
- The rate you see is the one we pass on directly to you.
But remember, we’ll use the exchange rate at the time the transaction settles (usually a few days after you make it), rather than the one you see at the time you actually make the transaction.
Our debit card is made of degradable PVC making it recyclable, we are doing our bit for the environment!
We issue your charity current account statement electronically every 3 months. Going paperless keeps costs down and is better for the environment.